Friday, September 14, 2012

About Me

Greetings earthlings, I am Jenny. I am your typical (all eyes on me) kind of gal with a high spirited personality. A bit conceited---ummm maybe---but definitely in a good way. Eclectic describes my kind very well. Hopefully I haven’t scared anyone yet, for  I will get to my (A little bit about me) session in a moment, but first…please do me and the rest of the world a favor, and love yourself. In my preacher voice ~~For if you love yourself first, then you will be a much happier person and live life a lot better. I say this because there are so many people living around here and I’m pretty sure around you all, and they just look so miserable. Well, I have a quick fix solution to that problem; you guessed it…love yourself. Sigh!
Now, a little bit about me. I am originally from Brooklyn, New York, but most of my younger days were spent in Miami, Florida; I am a big time city person. Contrary to my upbringing, my parents came from Haiti in a not so city place known as Cayes; however, we share a common trait which is we are very people oriented. I am very much so that I consider myself a social butterfly to the 10th power. I apologize in advance  for those of you who don’t like math. Anyway, I am one of five children, and of us five, one isn’t very social~ I still question my mother about her…just kidding. But I do wonder sometimes. Ha!
I like a little bit of anything and everything. I like staying active doing  such things like playing various sports, singing , dancing, cooking, joking around, etc. I enjoy different genres of music, movies, TV shows so on and so forth. I love art and the many ways of it can be expressed. I love to have a good time; anything that involves people with lots of laughter and tears in their eyes, I love.
I am currently a part time student, a part time employee on campus and a full time employee at a hair place. I enjoy what I do for a living; however, I am looking to discover more hidden talents while attending college.
I have two beautiful children…scary huh! They are both like me. One a little more reserved than the other, at times.
Well, there you have it--a little piece of a lot of me.  It was with great pleasure that I wrote this to you all.  Have a wonderful life, and remember--- to love yourself first.
Credit to Dick Jensen on Flickr.com

  

5 comments:

  1. I am a bit confused, but I'll catch up with you about this next class! Like that you added more design to your blog though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Professor Coleman! I feel so dumb right now; Please feel free to shoot me when I get to class tomorrow. I just realized what I did wrong after we had that lengthy conversation outside of class last week. What is wrong with me?And, I see why you are so confused--I would be too. I left this poor kid a comment three times on his blog, and I can't delete any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenny, I love your POSITIVE and ENERGETIC outlook on life. Your enthusiasm is contagious. I agree that so many people walk around bitter and jaded. Life isn't always easy and we will often make mistakes, but the key is to LEARN from our mistakes and look for the positive in every situation. Promise me one thing? Never, ever, lose your sense of humor. You crack me up! I enjoy walking into class and seeing your welcoming smile :) You are going to make a FABULOUS teacher....

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I dig the photo you chose, so YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks Cereus! Sorry for the late response. And yes, I'll do my best to not catch that "miserable" virus going around out there, for it is contagious these days. Stay positive...

    P.S.
    thanks for liking the pic ~~wink

    ReplyDelete